Important Spring Maintenance:
Well, it's early springtime and you are looking at all of the dead areas, brown patches, and leaves that the winter has left behind in your landscaping. It looks terrible, and now you are wondering if it will ever look beautiful again...?
The winter can do a lot of damage to all of the landscaping in your yard, and harsh winters can do permanent damage. But don't worry! Here are the important things that you need to do in spring to get your yard and landscaping ready to grow back and look better than ever.
- It's time for:
Spring Mulch Bed Clean Up -
- Remove winter wraps from trees and shrubs.
- Prune ornamental grasses that were not cut back in the fall.
- Cut back perennials
- Divide and transplant any clustered fall blooming perennials and grasses.
- Do not prune trees or shrubs too early in the spring as it could cause damage.
- Remove excess and clumped mulch.
- Remove all leaf and other debris
- Add new mulch.
Spring Yard Maintenance -
- Rake or remove any sticks or other debris from the yard.
- Rake or thatch all dead grass. Be sure to notice any spots that may need re-seeded.
- Test your lawns acidity level and add the proper balances as needed.
- Apply proper fertilization for your yard.
- Apply weed prevention as needed.
- Water the lawn if required by fertilizer or weed prevention, or if you experience an unusually and excessively dry spring.
Act now! -
- Spring landscaping is vital to make sure any damaged areas rebuild quickly before any other inclimate weather occurs.
Do you need help? -
- Carson Landscaping is happy to offer you help with your spring landscaping needs.
- Carson Landscaping is a professionally trained and certified organization.
- Carson Landscaping is knowledgable, considerate, and willing to meet your needs.
Let us know if you are interested
in any spring maintenance!